A fluid filled sac within the ovary is called Ovarian Cyst.
There can be a single cyst or multiple cyst in one or both ovaries
Usually in majority of cases these cysts are fromed due to ovulating follicle in women of reproductive age.
Types of Ovarian Cysts
All the cysts can be broadly classified into two major cayegories viz. functional ovarian cysts and non functional ovarian cysts
1. Functional Ovarian Cysts
- Follicular Cysts
- Corpus Leuteum Cysts
- Theca Leutein cysts
2. Non-Functional Cysts
- Dermoid Csyts
- Endometriotic Cysts also called Choclate
- Ovarian Serous Cystadenoma
- Ovarian Mucinous Cystadenoma
- Ovarian Cystic Adenofibroma
- Heamorrhagic Cyst
- Paraovarian Cysts
- Multiple cysts or follicles in both ovaries are suggestive of a condition due to hormonal imbalance called Polycystic ovarian disease PCOD/Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome PCOS
- Borderline tumoural Cyst
- Few Cysts may originate due to Ovarian cancer. If ovarian cyst appears in a post menopausal women then the probability of it being cancerous are high.
- The cyst may be a complex of one or more type which may have bleeding internally and internal space may also have developed septums and other abnormal features.
- Rarely the cyst can also be due to vegetation of micro-organismthat is of infective origin.
Symptoms of Ovarian Cyst
Many a times there are no symptoms what so ever and its an incidental finding. But majority of cases presents with following symptoms.
- Pain in pelvis
- Pain in abdomen
- Pain in lower back
- Uterine Bleeding
- Irregular periods
- General Symptoms like Malaise Fatigue Lethargy
- Gastrointestinal symptoms like Difficulty in bowel movement due to large cyst causing pressure symptoms, NauseaFlatulence and gasueos distention may also be present in many cases.
- Symptoms of PCOS/PCOD are different like Hirsutism, weight gain, acne For information about Polycystic Ovarian Disease or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome visit PCOS
Complications of Ovarian Cyst
- Ovarian Torsion is usually caused due to large cysts above 4cm in diameter causing the ovaries to change its location due to pressure alsonit might obliterate artery causing obstruction in blood flow resulting into infarction.
- Cyst Rupture may cause pain in abdomen lasting from few days to weeks in some cases due toncyst rupture there can be severe internal bleeding which in some cases may be severe to cause heamorrhagic shock.
Diagnosis of Ovarian Cysts
Ovarian Cyst Cured – Dr DEEPAN P. SHAH resolved 5cm*5cm*5cm haemorrhage oravian cyst in 45dys
Ovarian Cyst Cured – Haemorrhagic ovarian complex cyst measuring 5.1cm*4.9cm*4.9cm with internal septae, volume 65.36ml, COMPLETELY RESOLVED with homoeopathy by Dr.DEEPAN P SHAH, allopaths had no medicines to cure this so they had recommended urgent surgery.
BEFORE :- Haemorrhagic ovarian complex cyst measuring 5.1cm*4.9cm*4.9cm with internal septae, volume 65.36ml,
AFTER :- read the last line which quotes “ATTN- previously noted right adnexal complex cyst has COMPLETELY RESOLVED “.
IMPRESSION – NO OBVIOUS ABNORMALITY DETECTED