Dr DEEPAN P SHAH (MD)
LYMPHOMA – Malignant neoplasm of lymphoid tissue is called Lymphoma.
They are type of blood cancers where in there is abmormal cell-proliferation of Lymphoid Tissue.
Lymphomas and Leukemias both fall under a broader category “Malignant Neoplasms of Lymphoid and Heamatopoetic Tissue” or cancer of Lymphocytes”. Wherein unlike Leukemias, the term Lymphomas is precisely restricted only to the Tumours of Lymphoid tissue.
Types of Lymphoma
- Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- Non Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Multiple Myeloma
- Immunoproliferative diseases
- Epstein Barr Virus Infection
Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- Autoimmune Conditions
- HIV infection/AIDS
- Human T-Lymphotropic Virus Infection
- Immunosupressive Medication
- Exposure to certain Pesticides
- Tobacco Smoking
SIGN’s AND SYMPTOM’s
- Pel-Ebstein Fever – Intermittent Fever of around 38C lasting for 1-2weeks and relapsing again after days to weeks
- Weight loss of more than 10% within 6 months.
- Profuse perspiration especially at night.
- Anorexia – loss of appetite
- Weakness and fatigue
- General Pruritus
- Dyspnoea on slightest exertion
Ann Arbor Staging System
- StageI – Single Lymphnode and surrounding area involved
- StageII – Two areas involved a lymph node and another area and both are on the same side of daiphram either above or below
- StageIII – Affected areas on both the sides of daiphram with one organ or region near lymphnode or spleen
- StageIV – Diffused and disseminated with more than one Extra-Lymphatic organ involved incliding Liver, Bone Marrow, nodular involvement of Lungs.
- A or B – type symptom – When patient has following three constitutional symptoms then patient is categorised into B-type symptoms 1) Pel-Ebstein Fever. 2) Weight loss and 3)Night Sweats. When there are no above mentioned combination of B-type constitutional symptoms present then patient is categorised into A type.
- “S ” – Disease with Slpeen involvement is denoted with S modifier.
- ” E” – When disease involves extranodal region that is region surrounding the lymphnodes it is denoted with E modifier.
- “X” – X is denominated when the largest bulky deposit region is more than 10cm or if more 35% area of chest is occupied by mediastenum on X-Ray.
Nature of Stage
- Clinical Staging “C.S.” – C.S. Mentioned when staging is done based on clinical examination and test.
- Pathological Staging “P.S.” – When Staging is done based on pathological findings through invasive techniques like surgical excision etc its Mentioned as P.S.
Biopsy of Lymph node to confirm Lymphoma.
Further to classify Lymphoma:
- Flow Cytometry
- Fluorescence in-situ Hybridisation.
CT scan and PET scans helps us evaluate extent of spread of the condition and its staging.
HOMEOPATHIC MEDICINES FOR HODGKIN’s LYMPHOMA and NON- HODGKIN’s LYMPHOMA
- BARYTA CARBONICA
- CALCAREA CARBONICA
- CINCHONNA OFFICINALIS
- CALCAREA FLOURICA
- CONIUM MACULATUM
- BARYTA MURIATICUM
- CALCAREA PHOSPHORICA
- CALCAREA CARBONICA
3 thoughts on “LYMPHOMA”
Diagnosed of nom hodgkin lymphoma size 3 cms. Right shoulders above the shoulder bone
Non Hodgkins Lymphoma, left neck, below the ear. 5cm double lobe, excised completely and byopsy done. Biopsy suggestive of NHL. No supporting symptoms noticed.
Please help with an accurate curative procedure in Homeopathy.
Please consult at clinic with all your reports for such condition.