Neurons – Base Camp Of Life Energy?
We will make a big mistake in understanding and treating the person if we ignore how all the subtle impressions can influence our body.
By the time you complete reading this article you will have a major change in your philosophy of perceiving your body and you will start having a more broader view and acceptance towards many other aspects of nature and its implications on health and Life.
Senses like Vision, Hearing, Smell, Touch, Taste generates feelings which generates desires and thoughts. Can thought generate itself in absence of all these senses?
Thought gives rise to emotions like Love, Hatered, Anger, Fear, Sadness, Happiness etc.
Many neurotransmitters like acetylecholine, Dopamine, Serotonine, GABA(Gama Amino Butric Acid), Glutamate, Norepinephrine and there are 60 more such neurotransmitters discovered by scientists who’s secretion is triggered by thought and vice-a-versa.
Senses, Thoughts and Emotions triggers neurotrasnsmitters that determines functioning of our brain which has hypothalamus and a pitutary glands adjoined below which is called master of orchestra of hormonal interplay in the body as it determines the level of each hormone in the body that we call Hypothalamo-pitutary-Hormonal axis. And you all know how important the hormones are seeing their profound effect on body’s functioning in general. Slightest disturbance in Hypothalamo-Pitutary-Hormonal axis results into grave, acute and chronic complaints.
As we all know that the body parts or organs that are being used more, develops better and those which are not used goes into disuse atrophy and later becomes dormant. Similarly certain functions of body change as per their necessity. We know that most of the body processes are triggered directly or indirectly by brain and our thoughts and emotions.
Certain examples of physiological impact of senses, thoughts, feelings, emotions and other abstract dynamic influences.
- Sadness causes weeping, it activates tear glands.
- Fear causes activation of sweat glands , shivering, piloerections, palpitations
- Fun causes smile and Laughter.
- Psychological stress causes Hyperacidity, Hypertension, reduced insulin production, reduced Growth hormone secretion.
- Sight of yawning causes yawning
- Certain thought Sound and Vision causes stimilation of sexual organs
- Stimulation of salivary glands on sight of food
- Nausea on certain sight and odour
- Depression causes severe appetite and eating disorders, Hypothalamus directly controls our hunger and satiety centers slightest disturbance in this physical psychological or other may cause eating disorders leading to obesity and or alarming weightloss.
- Depression is thought to be one of the cause of hypothyroidism and vice-a-versa.
- Now after years of reasearch and experience modern science has accepted the fact that most of the autoimmune conditions are triggered or caused due to psychological stress as one of the major reason.
All these examples shows us that how abstract dynamic influences external or internal has impact on brain and subsequently on our body’s physiology, the prolonged changes in physiology has a wider implication on body’s each and every cells and thus changing the gene environment and epigenome thus influencing gene and finally its structure.
We know the processes of adaptation, our body gradually adapts itself to the type of stimulus we are subjected to for a longer period of time. Similarly our thoughts emotions and other psychological factors influences our body’s physiology and its profound effect for a longer period acts as an effect of a stressor and body has to adapt itself accordingly. Now adaptation initially seemingly to be phenotypic may gradually change genotype as well. Now a change at one locus in gene will have compensatory and/or counter regulatory change at other locus as the harmony is spoiled and body tries to re-harmonize or may be due to one bad sector in gene damaging other sectors(locus) due to their abnormal protein products in gene itself factoring in new changes. Now this leads to accumulation of many changes in the character of genome giving rise to positive or negative or mixed physiological or anatomical variations or disturbances leading to diseases.
Majority of endogenous diseases are caused due to genetic imbalance that we got it as hereditary germ line change or are acquired by external impressions and influences that has profound impact on our body.
to be continued…